Expression of Interest – Foster Carers
Thank you for your interest in foster caring with RSPCA ACT during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please submit your expression of interest below via our form. Right now, we’re facing an unprecedented crisis. With over 240 animals in our care we are beginning to face the serious idea that the ACT will be placed into lockdown forcing us to close our Shelter doors to the public. In this instance we may need to activate our foster care network for some of the animals in our care. We’re looking for individuals or families with plenty of love and time to give to a foster pet. Our cats will need to be kept indoors, so secure housing will be necessary. Our dogs require secure back yards and at times high fencing. We rely on our foster carers to provide a safe and secure caring home for animals in need. Photographs of your home may be required to ensure our animals are suited to your home environment.
Due to heavy interest we will not be able to respond to every application individually. Please keep an eye on your emails should we need to activate our foster care network during this difficult time. Thank you for your support and understanding.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RSPCA ACT. Please see information on the type of roles available below.
We rely on the community to continue to provide care for the thousands of animals that come into our shelter every year. Volunteers are extremely important to us and we rely on their support to assist us to provide care for the thousands of animals that come into our shelter each year.
Our dedicated volunteers provide invaluable assistance in many different areas and are an indispensable and important part of our organisation.
The following requirements apply RSPCA ACT volunteers:
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- Volunteers must hold Working with Vulnerable People registration. You can apply for this online through Access Canberra. Please use the following contact details on your application:
- Volunteer Program Coordinator
02 6287 8119
- Volunteer Program Coordinator
- Volunteers working at the shelter, in animal-based roles, need to commit to a minimum contribution of one two-hour shift per week, for a six-month period;
- Volunteers are required to complete our online induction program;
- Volunteers are required to attend an orientation session during weekday business hours;
- For safety reasons, volunteers working with animals must meet the RSPCA ACT essential capabilities for animal-based volunteer roles;
- Volunteers working with animals must undergo a role-based training program to ensure the safety of themselves, the animals, staff and members of the public;
- RSPCA ACT does not offer short term volunteer placements for roles working with animals due to the level of training required to perform these roles;
- RSPCA ACT does not offer corporate volunteering opportunities other than for major events. All shelter related corporate involvement will be managed through the Corporate Support Days program.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RSPCA ACT! A volunteer application form can be found under the detailed role information located directly below.