Available to all puppies between 8 and 16 weeks old (at time of Orientation) who have had a C5 vaccination. The puppy basics course caters for puppies who are at a stage that is considered critical for their learning and development. The experiences that they are exposed to at this stage, ultimately shape and influence their behaviour for the rest of their life.
In this course, puppies will be gradually exposed to different stimuli that is unfamiliar to them such as other dogs, people, noises and places. Your puppy will also learn behaviours like sit, stay, drop, responding to their name and the foundations of recall. You as their handler will also have the opportunity to learn about topics of interest and relevance to puppyhood.
Course Investment: $195 (10% discount for RSPCA ACT adopted dogs and puppies). This investment also includes a client pack available at orientation which includes a clicker, treat pouch and training guide.
Length: 1 hour for 6 consecutive weeks (including a dog-free orientation)
- Compulsory attendance at the orientation session
- C5 vaccination (certificates to be brought along to orientation)
Course requirements: A soft, flat collar or harness and lead attached at all times.
- Please ensure that you check your ’Junk’ inbox in your email as correspondence may be sent there.
- RSPCA ACT adopted dogs receive a 10% discount off, please call 6287 8100 to receive your discount.
- Once booked, it is important that you fill out the "guest" details about your dog.
Orientation is compulsory for all classes. Please see below your starting date and regular class time to find your Orientation time. Please note that the time of your Orientation may differ from your class time.FOR ALL FEBRUARY COURSES – Orientation and course ‘regular start time’ are the same.
|Course Start Date||Orientation Start Time||Regular Start Time (7 days after Orientation)|