Guinness World Record Attempt: 'Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Dogs'
This year we will be hosting a Guinness World Record attempt for the 'Largest Gathering of People Dressed at Dogs'. The current record is set at 439 people and is held by an organisation in the UK. With your help we are sure we can beat this target. To get involved all you have to do is register before the 30th of April. On the day you will need to wear:
- All participants must be dressed in a full dog costume, head to toe, including headpiece with ears.
- Costumes must be clearly recognisable as dogs at the discretion of the independent witnesses and Guinness World Records.
The record attempt will begin at 10am with the final count occuring at 10:30am.
After the Walk:
When you arrive back from the Walk, there will be plenty to see and do including:
- Retail stores selling pet friendly items for you and your pooch. Don't forget to check out our Million Paws Walk Merchandise stall for the most fashionable items
- Delicious food available that is humanely sourced. There will be plenty of vegetarian and vegan options
- Activities for you and your dog including an agility course,
- Enjoy live music with your pet.
Big Paws Walk
The Big Paws Walk is our main walk and begins at 11 a.m. from Patrick Whie Lawns. The walk route will take you from bridge to bridge and pack around to Patrick White Lawns. The Big Paws Walk is approximately 5km long.
Mini Paws Walk
The Mini Paws Walk begins kicks off the same time as the Main Walk at 11:00am. The Mini Paws Walk is approximately 1.5kms from Patrick White Lawns.This Walk is perfect for older or younger paws who can't quite handle the length of the Main Walk.
The Million Paws Walk event is held in rain, hail or sunshine so please dress appropriately.
Dress Up Competition
This year we will be hosting our famous dress up competition again at the walk and this year's theme is 'Dress Like Your Dog!'. Attendees will be judged on how close they resemble their pet. There will be plenty of prizes up for grabs and the competition will be judged after people return from the Walk.