Available to all fully vaccinated puppies aged between 17 weeks and 6 months (at time of Orientation) who have had little to no formal training or require a refresher course. The senior puppy basics course helps you and your older puppy to establish foundation behaviours such as sit, stay, drop, got to mat and recall and train under mild distraction.
This course includes self-control and confidence building exercises as well as basic trick training. The course will cover behaviour management techniques that are relevant to the group, to help overcome or prevent problematic behaviours from being established.
Course Investment: $195 (10% discount for RSPCA ACT adopted dogs and puppies). This investment includes a client pack with a clicker, treat pouch and training guide
Length: 1 hour for 6 consecutive weeks
- C5 vaccination
WEEK 1: Online Orientation via Zoom
The following information applies:
- Orientations are compulsory to attend
- Access to Zoom is required
WEEKS 2-6: Shelter group sessions with dogs in attendance
(5 hours total)
- A soft, flat collar or harness
- A lead attached at all times
- If the lockdown in the ACT is re-instated during the course, any remaining classes from the lockdown date will be held online via Zoom
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory during group sessions (unless exempted)
- The online Orientation date is the same as the booking date
- Call (02) 6287 8100 to receive your RSPCA ACT adopter discount
- Guest information for your puppy must be completed at time of booking
- Check spam/junk emails as RSPCA correspondence may be sent there
- This is force-free, reward-based training. No aversive training techniques will be used or tolerated.
- In the interest of animal welfare and effective class management, there is a strict limit of two people per booking.
DISCLAIMER: If your dog has shown reactive behaviour towards other dogs, has ever been involved in a dog attack OR you feel that your dog would not cope in a group training class – please do not book and instead contact the RSPCA ACT Dog Training Coordinator at email@example.com