Available to all fully vaccinated dogs from 6 to 18 months old (at time of Orientation) who have had little to no formal training or require a refresher course. The young dog basics course helps you and your dog to establish foundation behaviours such as sit, stay, drop, got to mat and recall and train under mild distraction.
This course includes self-control and confidence building exercises as well as basic trick training. The course will cover behaviour management techniques relevant to the group, to help prevent problematic behaviours from becoming established.
Course Investment: $199 (10% discount for RSPCA ACT adopted dogs and puppies). This investment also includes a client pack with a clicker, treat pouch and training guide.
Length: 1 hour for 6 consecutive weeks
- C5 vaccination
WEEK 1: Orientation at Shelter – Dog free session
The following information applies:
- Orientations are compulsory to attend
- No dogs to attend orientation
- Strict limit of ONE person per booking at this session
WEEKS 2-6: Shelter group sessions with dogs in attendance
(5 hours total)
- A soft, flat collar or harness
- A lead attached at all times
- The online Orientation date is the same as the booking date
- RSPCA ACT adopted puppies receive a 10% discount off, please call 6287 8100 to receive your discount
- Guest information for your dog must be completed at time of booking
- Check spam/junk emails as RSPCA correspondence may be sent there
- This is force-free, reward-based training. No aversive training techniques will be used or tolerated.
- In the interest of animal welfare and effective class management, there is a strict limit of two people per booking.
DISCLAIMER: If your dog has shown reactive behaviour towards other dogs, has ever been involved in a dog attack OR you feel that your dog would not cope in a group training class – please do not book and instead contact the RSPCA ACT Dog Training Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org