Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RSPCA ACT. Please see information on the type of roles available below.
We rely on the community to continue to provide care for the thousands of animals that come into our shelter every year. Volunteers are extremely important to us and we rely on their support to assist us to provide care for the thousands of animals that come into our shelter each year.
Our dedicated volunteers provide invaluable assistance in many different areas and are an indispensable and important part of our organisation.
The following requirements apply RSPCA ACT volunteers:
- Volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years of age;
- Volunteers must hold Working with Vulnerable People registration. You can apply for this online through Access Canberra. Please use the following contact details on your application:
- Gemma Hogben
Volunteer Program Manager
02 6287 8127
- Gemma Hogben
- Volunteers working at the shelter, in animal-based roles, need to commit to a minimum contribution of one two-hour shift per week, for a six-month period;
- Volunteers are required to complete our online induction program;
- Volunteers are required to attend an orientation session during weekday business hours;
- For safety reasons, volunteers working with animals must meet the RSPCA ACT essential capabilities for animal-based volunteer roles;
- Volunteers working with animals must undergo a role-based training program to ensure the safety of themselves, the animals, staff and members of the public;
- RSPCA ACT does not offer short term volunteer placements for roles working with animals due to the level of training required to perform these roles;
- RSPCA ACT does not offer corporate volunteering opportunities other than for major events. All shelter related corporate involvement will be managed through the Corporate Support Days program.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with RSPCA ACT! A volunteer application form can be found under the detailed role information located directly below.